Snowie Bubble Bar



Most Lush consumers recognise the importance of enjoying the seasonal releases while they're around, knowing full well that there is only a small window in which we have the pleasure of purchasing them before they disappear. While we can be rest assured that the fan-favourites will most likely make a return the following year, there is always that risk that some products may disappear into the deepest, darkest vaults - never to be seen again.

Snowie Bubble Bar automatically had a shelf-life when it was released, not only because it's a Christmas product, but because of the very reason behind why Lush have chosen to design it and release it in the first place. Paying homage to the late David Bowie, this bubble bar is something that could reappear in successive years, yet seems to me to be more of a 'one off' special that wouldn't necessarily fit with future releases. 

As I have mentioned in other recent reviews, a lot of this year's Christmas range is not exclusively winter-orientated, and this is yet another product that follows this mould. Sharing its scent with the Happy Happy Joy Joy range, this bubble bar is for those who love Frozen Bath Bomb, but want something a little more moisturising to submerge themselves beneath. 
Sporting the perfectly balanced combination of grapefruit, neroli and rose oil, this is a bubble bar that would fit in perfectly as a regular item across all shops. It's a fresh, light and very uplifting floral aroma - one that I feel would appeal even to those who aren't predisposed to floral aromas in the first place.

An immediate sniff gives you leading notes of the former two ingredients. The  grapefruit offers a gentle spritz of tangy goodness without it being overly fruity; the neroli then blankets this with a sweet, slightly grassy, fruity floral component. In the background, the rose oil develops that complexity, those layers and that slight muskiness, without making this fragrance overly heavy in anyway whatsoever. It's well-rounded and defined, yet there is nothing cloying or overbearing about it at all.

Before discovering this fragrance family, I never thought I could describe a floral smell as being refreshing, but this one definitely is, and the aroma suits the design of Snowie perfectly. It's easily one of Lush's most exquisite floral aromas for sure, and one that suits any time of the year.

If you're expecting a fountain of colour with this bubble bar, you will be sorely disappointed. As far as this side of things go, I was a little bit underwhelmed when my bath finished up with very little colour after using a whole bar in a single go. That's not to say that I was expecting anything more from a predominantly white bubble bar, just that the pale pink, translucent colour that the water did offer wasn't exactly the most exciting bath I have ever had.
However, what Snowie lacks in colour, it more than makes up for in every other way. Firstly, the bar is one of the softest and easiest bubble bars to crumble - it felt almost as if I was crumbling a piece of fresh Victoria sponge under the water, it was a delicious experience.

Secondly, the number of bubbles that this product heeds is seriously impressive. While I used a whole bar, so you would expect a surplus of bubbles to form, it is easily the most generous bubble bar I have tried in a good many months. A single Snowie could easily be used across four baths and I can guarantee that each of those experiences would feature a tub packed full of fragrant bubbles. Inspired by one of the greatest musicians of the last 100 years, you would expect a celebrity-level of bubbles, and that you get.

Finally, I couldn't believe how silky-soft the water felt upon getting into the tub. Within mere minutes of being submerged in its waters, my body felt incredibly moisturised and it continued to soften and condition my skin even further throughout the experience.

Once I finally managed to drag myself out of the tub, my skin felt soft and radiant, and there was a glow to both my complexion and body that hadn't been there before. This is definitely a bubble bar that you would use when your skin is in need of a deep pampering session. A bath with one of these and your skin would be amazing for weeks afterwards.

As if that wasn't impressive, I love the fact that the fragrance is strong throughout the whole process. Even when I decided to cocktail this bubble bar with an Intergalactic Bath Bomb, I could still smell the key components of Snowie above the heavy mint that the ballistic brought to the tub. I was also able to detect a gentle hint of all three of the ingredients on my skin afterwards, and it made me realise how much I wish Lush would bring out a dusting powder in this scent. 
Overall, Snowie Bubble Bar is an absolute pleasure to share a tub with and I will be stocking up on a number of these to see me through until the summer. I don't think that this will be the last we see of these beauties, even if they aren't featured in next year's seasonal collection. However, I will be sad when I won't be able to pop into my local and pick up a couple of these for a bath of legendary proportions.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth, Sulfate Lauryl, Betaine, Perfume, Cornflour, Grapefruit Oil, Neroli Oil, Rose Oil Titanium Dioxide Lilial *Citral Geraniol Hydroxycitronellal *Limonene *Linalool Snowflake Lustre Colour 14700 Colour 60725 Colour 61570.

Vegan?: Yes.

2016 Price: £3.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2016.


Scent Family:
Frozen Bath Bomb
Frozen Liquid Perfume
Frozen Solid Perfume
Shine So Bright Hair Balm