Two Hearts Beating As One Bath Melt




Stemming all the way back to Lush's old sister company, Be Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful, Two Hearts Beating As One is one of the brand's first signature fragrances, and one of the scents that most old-school fans probably remember the most about that era. Released as a shower gel, perfume, soap, as well as many other formats, this 'classic' smell epitomises the very essence of Lush as a whole, and is perhaps far more reminiscent of what I imagine a Lush shop to smell like than the likes of 29 High Street.

While this Valentine's Day Bath Melt doesn't possess its own original fragrance, it is a brand new format for the scent family, and one that is incredibly suited to the fragrance in question. As most Lush fans won't have experienced this smell at all, now is a great time for its release - most notably because of its incredibly romantic aroma: one that I would describe as being a timeless beauty.  

Containing apricot kennel oil as a key ingredient, this bath melt is packed with so many wonderful oils: argan, geranium, bergamot, jasmine and ylang ylang, not to mention a generous dosage of rose absolute as well. With so many components, you'd expect the overall fragrance to be confusing and perhaps even overpowering, but it is far from it.

To me, this bath melt has a warm, sweet floral aroma with wonderful jammy notes from both the argan and apricot oils. The jasmine, which is a known aphrodisiac, is definitely at the forefront - offering a fruity, narcotic note of exotic floral. Both the geranium and the rose add elements that I can only describe as being slightly powdery and cloudy - they form the base that every other component nestles within, and wrap a heavy blanket around the other ingredients to make this a very robust aroma.

Normally I wouldn't be overly enamoured with a floral smell such as this, but there's just something very captivating about the delicacy of the fragrance. It's cleverly crafted and wonderfully sensual, and will offer you an experience that you definitely do not want to miss.

Given the design of Two Hearts Beating As One, this is a bath melt that can easily be divided into multiple chunks, and used across more than one bath to make it good value for money. The fluorescent pink and orange pieces slot together like two pieces of a puzzle, and can easily be pulled apart to create two separate bath melts. Each piece can then also be segmented again, if you're looking to conserve your products even further.

That being said, there is definitely something rather mesmerising about watching the colours dance and intertwine across the surface of the water, and it is this reason that I recommend that a whole one should also be used at times, to really allow you to appreciate how beautiful this product is.

While predominantly designed to offer extra moisturising properties in the bath, this product also goes as far as to turn the water a soft, pastel pink colour. Quite a slow melter, Two Hearts Beating can take up to fifteen minutes to fully dissolve into the water, so I highly recommend that you enter the bath while it's working its magic, and enjoy the show up close.

What I loved about this seasonal melt is that, despite using an entire one during my first bath, I didn't find that it made the water at all greasy. Although there was an amass of oils on the surface, these dissolved into the water fairly quickly. In fact, I even attempted to wash my hair in the tub and found that it didn't end up an oily mess, like it has been known to do with other oils and melts.

Once out of the bath, I noticed an instant improvement in the condition of my skin. My hands, that had previously been rather dry and weathered, were smooth and supple; my arms and legs felt clean, soft and nourished; my complexion was silky-smooth and radiant. For a bomb-less experience, the bath melt holds up reasonably well by itself in the water.

While the scent did linger on my skin for a short time after I had towelled myself down, I wouldn't go as far as to say that it lasted long enough for my liking. For this reason, a body lotion or a perfume wouldn't go amiss to continue the experience throughout the day.

For a product that I wasn't particularly excited by, it is definitely one that has stolen my heart. Although the idea behind it is obviously linked to those with partners, I am more than happy to indulge in this by myself, and I don't necessarily think I would be willing to share the experience, even if the option was there.     

Quantitative Ingredients: Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Laureth 4, Almond Oil, Perfume, Apricot Kernel Oil, Argan Oil, Bergamot Oil, Geranium Oil, Jasmine Absolute, Rose Absolute, Ylang Ylang Oil, Titanium Dioxide, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Citronellol, *Geraniol, *Limonene,*Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Colour 14700, Colour 45410, Colour 45410:1, Colour 19140, Colour 15510.

Vegan?: Yes. 

2017 Price: £3.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2017.

Scent Family:
Two Hearts Beating As One Bath Melt
Two Hearts Beating As One Shower Gel